SSB holds a variety of events over the year including but not limited to:
The final portion of every Sunday’s service is devoted to a demonstration of mediumship for proof of the survival of our loves ones who have passed on.
In addition, several times during the year SSB presents an evening of mediumship, usually featuring a guest medium from outside Canada.
A wide variety of courses and workshops are held at SSB for those interested in growing their connection to the spirit world, in order to develop their mediumship, learn spiritual healing or spirit art, or participate in a divine service.
Let’s Talk Spiritualism/Mediumship
Periodically, following a divine service, we invite guest workers for our ‘Let’s Talk’ series to discuss, ask questions and share viewpoints around Spiritualism, mediumship and related topics. For the next date see the upcoming events page.
Food and Fellowship Evenings
The gourmet dinner has been one of SSB’s most popular fundraisers. Hosting these dinners brings the congregation and extended family and friends together for a social evening consisting of a sumptuous meal, door prizes, silent auction and 50:50 draw.
In 2015 SSB organized a Caribbean Night that provided West Indian food, a steel drum band, dancing and fun for all.
Check out the PAST EVENTS PAGE for photos from some of these special moments.
Please see the 2019 EVENTS PAGE for more on what’s UPCOMING at SSB.
SSB’s Cancellation/Refund Policy
FULL REFUNDS are only given in the event that Spiritualist Society of Burlington has to cancel the course or demonstration.
- NO refunds for cancellation will be offered.
- COURSE FEES will be applied as a credit towards future events minus $20.00 for administrative fees. If a non-refundable deposit has already been made then no extra administrative fee will be subtracted.
- Minimum 24 HOUR NOTICE is required for credit to be applicable otherwise fees will not be applied to credit.
- There are NO PARTICIPANT SUBSTITUTIONS. In the event that a registered student cancels, the above policy is in effect and the space in the course will be offered to the next student from the waiting list. If there is no waiting list, then alternative arrangements may be made.
- There are NO COURSE SUBSTITUTIONS. In the event that a student attends day one of a course but is unable to attend subsequent days of the same course, there is no credit given and no substitution in future courses.
- TICKET FEES for demonstrations of mediumship are non-refundable.
PLEASE NOTE that if, for any reason, Spiritualist Society of Burlington has to cancel a course or event, no compensation can be provided for any travel costs that may have been incurred such as flight or hotel charges. Therefore, the purchase of travel insurance is highly recommended.