Welcome to the website of the Spiritualist Society of Burlington, affectionately known as ‘SSB’. SSB is a haven for those wishing to express their spirituality in ways outside of conventional religions according to the God of their own understanding. The heart of Spiritualism is a belief and knowingness that life does not end with physical death – that our loved ones who have passed on can still communicate with us through those with mediumistic abilities. Spiritualism has no dogma or creed, just the Seven Principles which form a broad and inclusive foundation for each person’s individual beliefs and personal journey.
SSB strives to provide a warm and welcoming sanctuary for those who:
- Are struggling with the loss of someone close to them, seeking comfort, and would like to understand more about the continuity of life
- Are open to or exploring a broader view of existence, that is, that we are all spiritual beings having a human experience (and not the other way around)
- Wish to explore and develop their own spirituality and/or mediumistic abilities
- Enjoy connecting with like-minded people and being part of a supportive spiritual community
- Are curious about Spirit and Spiritualism
Please take a few moments to peruse the website to learn more about what SSB offers. We would love to see you at one of our services or events!